Sunday, May 17, 2009

W4D1 & W4D2

Woo! I was in Las Vegas half of last week for work.

I flew in on Wednesday afternoon, got to my hotel (Hard Rock) and immediately changed into my running gear. Just running "around the block" was a perfect distance for W4D1. Unfortunately I'd misgauged the amount of water I would need and ran out right after the 3rd interval. I was hurting a little bit at the end of the last interval but I made it.

I did W4D2 on Friday morning, after having been out dancing until 2am the night before. I woke up around 9ish and changed into my jogging clothes hoping that
A. It wouldn't be too hot already.
and
B. My legs and feet wouldn't be too beat from walking the convention all day Thursday (not to mention the dancing in 3" heels the night before).

Well, it was hot alright. Clear skies and the sun beating down at 9am, but at least my legs were fine. The five minute runs were a little harder, but I'm getting better at just ignoring the amount of time I have left and running until "the nice voice tells me to stop". At least I did manage to bring plenty of water this time.

Anyway, while I was NOT as good foodwise (too many desserts and rich foods) as I'd hoped I'd be, the scale this morning showed me down .2 lbs from my last weigh in back on last tuesday morning.

I'll do W4D3 tonight and finally get back on schedule of doing one week during one week. It'll help immensely that I don't have any more trips planned for the rest of C25K. Yay!

No comments: