Monday, May 25, 2009

W6D1

Lucy and I met up with my friend Patricia at Meyer Park this evening. She's a soccer player on off-season so running is no problem for her. We used to walk together frequently last year, until she had a leg injury that kept her on crutches for a while.

I put only one headphone in so that I could chat during the walks but still hear the verbal cues and music. The run went well. Even though Patricia is already a capable runner, she didn't make me feel pressured to go faster or further.

She may join me on Friday or Saturday for W6D3.

I would like to add that my dread of the long runs has pretty much dissipated after W5D3. I know that I'm capable of whatever time is required at this point. 25 minutes isn't really any different from 20 minutes. I'm at the point where I've accepted that "this run" isn't going to be "til the next corner" or any point ahead of me that I can see and mark with my eyes. I'll just keep going until told to stop.

No comments: