Monday, July 6, 2009

W3D1

The air conditioning in my apartment broke over the weekend. It was 89 degrees in there last night and this morning, even with the windows open as far as I dared (didn't want Cali-kitty to be able to scratch at the screens). The ceiling fans helped, but still...

Anyway, it was a little disheartening to go out for my run knowing that I'd be coming back and *cooling off* in a space that was actually hotter than outside.

I did it though. Nice easy 30 minute run, 45 minutes total. I seem to be sustaining that faster pace (13 minute mile) so things are looking up for my next 5k. It's only two weeks away now.

This is the last week of straight 30 minute runs on One Hour Runner. Next week will start with 30 on Monday, 29 on Tuesday, and then calls for 35 on the third day. I'll be doing the 35 minute run during the 5k race. I'm planning to attempt to stay with the program: run my 35 minutes, take a break, and then see what I can do to finish out the race. I've run 30 minutes often enough at this point that I feel I have very little excuse for walking as early as I did during my 1st 5k.

Unless it's unbearably hot of course. Or shade-free. We'll see.

No comments: