Monday, July 13, 2009

W4D1

Nice easy 30 minute run (45 minutes total) this morning. The sun was just barely coming up so my sunglasses spent most of the run on top of my head.

I'm supposed to taper back to a 29 minute run on Wednesday. I suppose I'll just go to my normal halfway point and then start my cool down walk a minute earlier.

As I was running, I tried to quantify how tired I was during different segments. I'm very worried about mentally psyching myself out of running at least the first 30-35 minutes of the 5k on Saturday. I *CAN* run it. I need to be aware of but not listen to that niggling voice in my head that will say that I'm overdoing it or that it's different from a normal morning run.

I'm up slightly to 171.2 today. This is supposed to be my week (tomorrow) to weigh in the 170.X's, so I'm working hard to drink my water and stay on plan today.

No comments: