Friday, July 10, 2009

W3D2 and thoughts

I had a kind of mini breakdown this week.

My cheap jogging MP3 player decided to paperweight itself after we went walking in the rain Tuesday morning. I didn't realize this until Wednesday morning. I couldn't face jogging without music, so I didn't. The scale was so dismal that morning (172.8!) that I didn't even record it. I've been over Points by 2 or 3 every day this week and I've been slacking on drinking all my water.

The good news is that I think BF pulled me out of it. I was lamenting my running schedule to him Wednesday afternoon. He mentioned that he had to be at work super-early on Thursday morning and I could probably fit in a jog at his place before going to work.

It was perfect! We got up just after 6 and he hopped in the shower while I put on my jogging clothes. I took Lucy out for a loop of the former golf-course behind his house. The air was completely still and very wet. There were bugs everywhere, but it was still one of the more quiet and scenic jogs I've been on. He was long gone when I got back to his house, took a shower, and got into the car to go to work.

I also skipped my weight training workout Tuesday night (went shopping after work and wasn't feeling it). I continued my weight training hiatus on Thursday night, opting instead to watch a fluff movie and sort email.

I'll jog again on Saturday morning and try to fit in a WT workout on Sunday night.

The good news is that the happy numbers on the scale are back as of this morning. I weighed in at 171.0, only the 2nd time I've been below 20 lbs. This was a "normal" morning (meaning no jogging or other exercise to help the weight come down) so I think it'll stick this time. I'm feeling MUCH more positive.

No comments: