Saturday, April 18, 2009

Doing Well

I'm now down a little over 2 lbs since Tuesday.

This puts me at my lowest recorded weight this year. (I recorded for most of January when I was toying with dieting but not getting very serious about it.)

I think the difference this time is I'm very serious about journaling my food and I'm keeping my attention constantly on the diet by blogging and using a weight tracker publically posted.

I've also asked my BF to obtain some charms for my Pandora bracelet. We'll use them as awards for each 15 lbs lost. I'm diligently working toward the first one.

At about 2.5 weeks in, my body appears to have acclimated to my diet. I'm no longer running to the bathroom every hour because of the extra water. I no longer get crazy hunger pangs at night. On the contrary, I'm having to force myself to eat to the bottom end of my points range some days.

Wednesday and Saturday nights are the hardest to plan. I usually spend the evening with my boyfriend. About 50% of the time we go out to eat. The rest of the time we scrounge his cupboards (usually well stocked with staples). I never quite know how many points I'll need, so I try to leave myself a minimum of 10. At least when with him, I never do any snacking. He's also on informal WW, so he understands.

No comments: