Wednesday, April 29, 2009

W2D1

Busy day, I'm beat.

I had intended to do W2D1 on Monday night. It was POURING rain. So I resolved to get up early Tuesday and do it before work. Well, still pouring. Tuesday night was right out because I had to attend a friend's birthday celebration 40 miles away and would then spend the night with my BF. This morning wouldn't work because I had to commute an hour from my BF's place to work....

Anyway, yeah, life was conspiring against me. Boohoo poor me.

I almost gave up on today, but the last minute decided that I would drive home after work, immediately change, and go to the park before running the pets the 35 miles to my parent's house.

It meant that I didn't get home to start packing until 9:30 pm, but I feel like I've kept my fitness committment to myself and have a plan for finishing out the week while I'm on the road. If I can fit in a jogging workout on one of my busiest weeks this month, I can do anything!

The workout? It went fine. I kept reminding myself that it was only six intervals (compared to W1's interminable eight) and only 30 seconds longer. The two minute breaks were just enough time to catch my breath but not so long that the faster pace was a shock. Once again, the 2nd to last interval felt the hardest, but I'm sure that it'll get easier as I repeat it. I'm going to try for W2D2 on Friday morning along the road near my motel (Texas Hill Country).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sticking to your plan always makes you feel better. I know when I want to wuss out I think about the guilt I'll have if I do and just do my workout to avoid that. lol

Have a safe and fun trip.