Sunday, April 26, 2009

Incentive clothing

Some people have incentive pants, drastically smaller pants that they buy or retain in hope of eventually fitting. I have an incentive dress.

It's the dress I wore to my senior prom. In high school. It's a size 11/12 and was worn exactly once. The dress has been hanging in my closet for 12 years now and I haven't been able to get it zipped up in all that time.

I would absolutely die to be able to fit into this dress again. I'm really really hoping to be able to wear it to my BF's company Christmas party this December. Hoping hoping hoping.

If I stick to this diet/exercise, it's very possible.

Threads like this one (in which a girl is raving about fitting into size 8 jeans) are so incredibly inspiring.

I currently wear size 14 jeans comfortably. I have several size 12s and, though I can stuff myself into them, the muffin-top is not pretty. In about 6 more pounds, the 12s should make it to daily wear again. But as I know from trying, size 12 jeans do not necessarily mean that the dress fits. I've got to go lower. I don't even remember a time when I fit into anything in the single digits.

It's an awfully pretty dress, a classic black sheath, empire waist, with some tasteful rhinestones and sparkly embroidery at the bodice. God I want to wear it again.

No comments: