Sunday, April 26, 2009

W1D3

Lucy and I just got back from Memorial Park and our W1D3 workout. It was warm out and I'm more and more certain that carrying a camelbak is worth the extra weight on these runs.

I'm saying that I "completed" the workout, but truthfully I had only gotten through about half of the last interval when I noticed a woman walking a dog the other direction pointing worriedly behind me. I turned to see Lucy limping. I immediately stopped and checked her paws. I found a spot of blood on one of her front paws (a small cut). I washed it with some water from my camelbak and took it easy the next few minutes. Soon she was again trotting happily and didn't seem affected. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

As for me, my legs aren't nearly as sore as they were last time. I think my body just might be acclimating to running (a teeny bit).

Next week is going to be challenging. On Tuesday night I'll be driving down to my BF's house to spend the night with him. On Wednesday night I need to take the dog, cat, and bunny to my parent's house (Mom is petsitting for me). Aaaand on Thursday I'm leaving immediately after work for a weekend motorcycle meet in New Mexico.

I'm thinking that the only way to get the workouts in is to do them in the mornings. Lucy will be around Tuesday morning, so that should be fine. I'll have to do one alone on Thursday morning and then manage to get out of my hotel room bed early on Saturday morning and see if I can find a safe place to run near the hotel. (I doubt the hotel will have a gym).

Challenge is what Couch to 5K is all about, right? Here I goooooooooo.....

No comments: