Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 2 Weigh in

So, at the end of week 2, I'm down a total of 4.6 lbs, 1.6 lbs for the week.

Not bad. They say it's healthy to lose 1-2 lbs per week. I'm right in the middle of that range. I confess that I'd hoped for a greater loss (to maintain that 5 lbs down), but the week did include a large holiday dinner.

I went over to Becca's new house last night for dinner. She is on Nutrasystem, so we stayed pretty healthy: bite size chicken breast in a stewed tomato sauce on white rice with a steamed veggie mix and "heart healthy" Bisquick biscuits. I calculated it to about 11 points for the meal, but the passover roll I had as a snack probably put me over points. I don't know what to count that as, so I put it down as 4 points.

No guilt. Move on.

I need to find a way to get more dairy into my diet. I think I'm going to add about 1 point worth of yogurt to my breakfast each day and try to drink a cup of skim milk with my evening meal. Also, I need to add more veggies, so I'll work on keeping salad in the fridge and get some more varieties of 0-point spray dressing so that I don't have to count it. I usually buy spring mix for Sorscha, but I think I might try to keep some other salad mixes around. Spring mix gets old fast.

No comments: