Monday, June 1, 2009

The Month of May

I lost 4.8 lbs in May. It seems agonizingly slow after over 10 lbs in April. I keep reminding myself that I started running in the 2nd half of April and my legs have been building muscle. I'll be writing down measurements tomorrow morning (a new monthly ritual, took my first measurements in early May).

I've noticed a pattern to my weight loss. I seem to alternate fantastic loss weeks with slight loss or slight gain weeks. I'll know for sure tomorrow, but I think I'm currently on a slight gain week.

I refuse to be discouraged. Even at a rate of 5 lbs per month, I'll still reach or be very close to my 45 lb goal by the end of the year. That's infinitely better than giving up and watching (or not watching) the scale go that distance in the other direction.

No comments: