Friday, June 12, 2009

W8D3

Very sunny this morning. Still muggy (84 degrees when I passed the middle school marquee). I'm wondering if I'm capable of getting out of bed an hour earlier for cooler weather. The 6:45 AM that I've been doing the last several weeks is awfully early for me.

I had none of the "just want to walk" thoughts that plagued me on Wednesday. In fact, I actually tried to sustain a slightly faster pace. In past runs I've continually told myself to keep it slow and conserve energy. This time I stopped holding back and just let it happen. I doubt I was that much faster, but the halfway point was further down the road than Monday and Wednesday.

No worries on the calves. They were fine this morning.

Two runs left before the 5K. I'm bumping to 30 minute jogs next week.

No comments: