Friday, June 26, 2009

W1D3 and Whoa Baby!

Some people have elaborate scale rituals. I don't really. I just go for the lowest number. My first weigh is usually immediately after getting out of bed (etc). This number gives me a baseline and is usually roughly a pound higher than the lowest weight I'll see that morning. I'll go exercise, or take a walk, or surf the web for an hour or so. I weigh again right before my shower and then again after the shower. These two weigh ins are usually very close, but sometimes I can get the magic number machine to spit out a low low number.

Anyway, this morning I knew I was in for a bad scale day when the first-weigh-of-the-day was MUCH higher than I expected. I shrugged, grabbed Lucy, and went for my 30 minute run. It was normal, no problems.

After my shower I finally recorded a weight that I last saw last week. Yuck.

I haven't been eating excessive amounts of calories, but I did have a fairly late/fairly big (on points) dinner last night followed by a late night weights workout. From this I conclude that dinner still needs to "pass through" and my muscles (which are pretty sore) are retaining water while healing. So Yay. I can ignore the scale and get on with my life. It will be better next time I weigh.

//not moving the ticker

No comments: