Monday, June 15, 2009

Wicked Weekend

Scott and I drove down to San Antonio this weekend, mainly to see Wicked at the Majestic Theater, but also for an Adventure! 

On the way, I introduced him to a true Texas BBQ joint, the City Market in Luling. After checking into the Hotel Valencia, we strolled down the Riverwalk to the Alamo. On the way back we stopped at Zuni Grill for dinner on the patio overlooking the river.

The show was great. I'd read the book, but had scrupulously avoided researching the musical so I was in for a surprise. 

On Sunday morning we waited an hour for a table at Magnolia Pancake Haus. We agreed that the place (which reviews called the highest rated breakfast in San Antonio) couldn't hold a candle to Kerbey Lane in Austin, but was still yummy.

Anyway, I sat down at my computer last night and calculated out that I ate an extra 20 points on Saturday and ended up 3 points over on Sunday (I ate my filling go-to 7 point dinner, refusing to risk triggering a binge)

About 15 of those extra points were liquid (an extremely refreshing and yummy frozen strawberry margarita (9 pts?) and a canned watermelon drink (6 pts)).

Not horrible. Worth it.

No comments: